English without Borders
Tri-TESOL Conference Volunteering
We very much appreciate and need volunteers in order for us to have a successful Tri-TESOL Conference! Almost the entire work of putting together and running the conference is exclusively done by volunteers, both board members and members of WAESOL, ORTESOL and BC TEAL.
During the conference, volunteers are required to commit to two hours to be eligible for the 10% discount off the full price. Once the schedule is made, you are expected to be there for the entire time you have committed to. It is not possible to come later or leave earlier since that would leave us with no coverage for whatever task you are doing. It will probably mean that you will miss a session.
Below are the examples of volunteering tasks.
- preparing conference packets, name badges, bags, signage (Thursday)
- setting up signage (Friday morning)
- setting up tables (Friday morning)
- registration table
- clock hours table
- publisher/exhibit hall, floaters (for hospitality and crowd-control, such as providing directions to buildings)
- poster sessions set up and monitoring
- raffle support
- technology support (roaming around a certain building and helping presenters with projector set up, logging in, opening PowerPoint files, etc.)
- assistants to conference chairs (being a gopher person)
- Friday night reception duties
- clean-up and other duties where needed
- monitoring the exhibitor tables on Friday during off times (5 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
Post-Conference volunteering (Saturday after 5 p.m.)
- clean up
- take down poster boards
For more information, please contact Treela McKamey, the Tri-TESOL Volunteer Coordinator.