English without Borders
Instructions to Poster Presenters
(Please check this page again 2-3 days before the conference for updates.)
Welcome to Tri-TESOL 2011: English without Borders. Thank you for your willingness to share your time and expertise with the members at this year’s conference. We hope the experience will be a rewarding one for you as well.
Below is detailed information to help your presentation go smoothly. Please read it carefully before emailing us with questions. Most of the work of the conference is done by volunteers and careful reading is appreciated.
There will be a presenter check-in table on the day of the conference in addition to the registration check-in table. When you check in, you will receive a presenter packet. This will contain instructions about how and when to set up your poster (which are also given on this page), a presenter ribbon and a presenter certificate.
- All presenters must register and pay for the conference.
- Tri-TESOL does NOT reimburse program participants for expenses.
- Please bring everything you need to mount your display. Tri-TESOL does NOT provide tape, tacks, clips, hammers, pens, markers, paper, white boards, flip charts, nor misc. supplies for poster presenters.
- HERE is a Highline campus map for your information.
- Click HERE to view the public web page of all the conference presentations including poster presentations.
Information about Posters
- Posters will be displayed on 6.7’ (80 inches) tall x 4’ (47 inches) wide plywood boards, painted black. Boards are hinged in pairs. Ideally, your poster materials would not be less than 3 feet from the ground, so the workable space is about 5’ x 4’. Please design your poster to fit in a space of this size. Ideally, your poster materials would be at least 3 feet from the ground, so the workable space is about 5’ x 4’. Please design your poster to fit in a space of this size. There are several alternatives for mounting your display on the plywood. You could use foam mounting tape, tacks or binder clips at the top and on the edge. Another idea is to affix all of your materials to a 5’ x 4’ piece of newsprint or poster paper before the conference. At the conference, you can use large clips or tapes to attach the whole display to the board. You will still need tape to attach the bottom to the board. We do not need to worry too much about damaging the boards, as they will be repainted after the conference.
- Please bring your own tacks, tape or clips.
- Poster sessions will be near the Bistro area, near Registration in Building 8. You can set up your poster at any time during the morning, but your poster must be in place before 10:15. You can take your poster down whenever you leave the conference. This is an open area, and any posters that are left will be visible throughout the afternoon.
- The poster session is scheduled for 10:15 - 11:30, to allow as many people as possible to have a chance to go through the poster area, which will be adjacent to publisher displays. However, we realize that you may want to attend the session beginning at 11:15. If so, you can leave early, but please leave your poster up and include contact information for people who may have questions for you. We do ask that you remain in the poster area until at least 11:05.
- We are planning for approximately 750 attendees on Saturday. We do not know how many will visit the poster session. However, if you plan to give a handout, you may want to have an e-mail list available in case you run out.
- After the conference, we will be looking for your feedback to let us know what worked, and what could be improved for future poster exhibits.
Click HERE to get a general idea of what the plywood boards look like from a 2009 WAESOL Conference photo.
Please contact me if you have questions.
Thank you again for providing professional development for colleagues in our field. We hope you enjoy the conference.
WAESOL Second Vice President and Conference Co-Chair